Mother's day is quickly approaching! This Mother's day is going to be quite the event for our little family. Amelia will be turning the big #1 and it will be my first Mother's day ever!
While we still have a little bit of time before the big day, I thought I would share some ideas for treating your Mom this year that doesn't involve objects, but instead focuses on gifts of entertainment and adventure!
Depending on the size of your budget, this category could be as extravagant as sending your Mom on an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii, or arranging a private dining experience at her favorite restaurant. It's about knowing what your mom would love, but ALSO knowing what your budget looks like.
Some ideas for experiences for the woman that gave life to you:
- Skydiving lesson
- Scuba Diving
- A vacation somewhere she always wanted to go
- A wine tasting
- A cooking lesson taught at her favorite restaurant by a chef. To see if this could be arranged, simply call the restaurant and speak to the manager. Explain your love for your Mom, maybe shed a tear or two... they should be able to help set something up.
- Arranging a special hike or walk that you could go on as a family
- Arranging for a historian to look into your family heritage and walk you through your ancestors' lives (This is an actual real thing you can do and I'm blown away that it exists! My Aunt and Uncle are headed to Europe and will meet an Historian that will walk them through my Great Uncle Duncan's last days before his death on D Day. AMAZING. (Aunt Toni and Uncle Rick if you're reading this I expect pictures, some kind of paper handout and possibly video footage... not too much to ask right?!)
- Garden tours can be arranged with many agencies across the United States, Canada and Europe. If your Mom is an avid gardener she may love this gift!
Gift Certificates, Subscriptions and Consumables
Some ideas to make your Mom smile:
- Flowers are always a lovely idea! Ask someone close to your Mom what her favorite flower is if you don't already know and schedule it to be delivered for Mother's day morning! I've always had fabulous results with Teleflora so check them out if you don't have a regular flower provider!
- Gift certificate to her favorite restaurant
- Gift certificate to ITunes, Audible, Kindle, Amazon etc. for digital reading.
- A subscription to a music service like Spotify
- A subscription to a meditation application Calm is an incredible application for meditation.
- A subscription to a fitness application. Aaptiv is an amazing application that has several different types of workouts available and all levels of fitness.
- A certificate for personal training
- Chocolates, cakes, tarts or treats!
- A massage, facial, manicure, pedicure or other spa service depending on what your Mom is a fan of!
The list of tickets you could purchase is endless, and really depends on what your Mom loves to do in her spare time!
Some ticket gift ideas for the woman that fed and clothed you:
The reality is we can never give our Mother's enough gifts to show them how much we love them. How grateful we are for their care, compassion and loving us right back even though we may have (did if you're like me) screwed up a lot as a teenager (or 20 something). No matter what - be sure to do something for your Mom this Mother's day. Even if it's just a phone call, a lunch or maybe taking a drive over to Dairy Queen and picking up a slushie and then watching 'Columbo' (if you live in the same country!) reach out and show them how much you love them.
Yours in celebration,